We are open Monday thru Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. We close on major holidays.
Detlor Insurance, family owned and operated, helping thousands of individuals, their families, and small businesses throughout southeast Michigan since 1936.
The principals Duane and DeAnn Detlor are third generation insurance professionals. With over 130 years of combined knowledge and experience, the people at Detlor know how to help you get the right coverage at an affordable price. They work with multiple companies who share the belief that prompt and fair settlement of claims is an essential part of why we are in business.
- Duane Detlor – firstname.lastname@example.org
I really love what I do. It should be no surprise to those who know me well. For example, when I was about six or seven, I tried to sell my sister DeAnn a life insurance policy while playing with some outdated life insurance manuals. After school, around age thirteen, I filed and reviewed changes to make certain they were accurate. During semester breaks from college, I learned more about the insurance business and how to help clients with their questions and concerns. I was becoming a third generation insurance professional, one might say “it is in my blood”.
My grandfather, Tom Detlor, started selling life insurance policies door to door in 1936. Back in his day premiums were collected weekly, and often, like today, he dealt with women, as the men were off to war (World War II). I’ve heard stories about how he would visit on this or that particular time or day depending on what the homemaker was baking, or fixing for lunch.
My parents, Robert and Ev Detlor, worked out of our garage converted to an office selling automobile, home, and small commercial insurance. I remember how clients would stop by the house to conduct business. My parents worked very hard and as a result the business grew and in October of 1971 they moved our office to its present location, 38 Fifth Street, Belleville, Michigan.
Today our business continues to evolve and grow. Our team of insurance professionals use the latest technology to help people find solutions to their insurance needs. We offer multi policy discounts for life and umbrella policies which helps reduce the cost of auto and home, mobilehome, condo insurance. We are constantly at work, exceeding our client’s expectations. The development of this simple website is just one more example of our level of commitment to save our clients time and money. No matter how things evolve, the one thing that will never change is insurance is all about serving people.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about my family and me.
- DeAnn Detlor – email@example.com
- About DeAnn
- Mary Bradley – firstname.lastname@example.org
- About Mary
- Kelli Hamilton – email@example.com
- About Kelly
- Sue English – firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have been a personal lines customer service representative for more than 15 years. I really enjoy helping people. Away from work, I go up north with my husband, children, and two grandchildren. My hobbies include boating, canoeing, hiking, exploring mother nature, and a love for gardening. I am also very active in my church.
- Benjamin Casaceli – email@example.com
- The key to effective client service is to listen. While completing my bachelor’s degree in Marketing at the Eastern Michigan University with numerous classes in computer science and networking, I have developed some keen listening skills serving and bartending at the Original Cottage Inn. As I increase my knowledge of insurance, I am excited to use my listening skills to help clients with their billing questions and policy changes. In my free time I enjoy keeping fit, deepening my relationship with friends, travel, listening to music, and playing on the computer. There’s hardly time left to watch Shameless, Revenge, Gotham and Broad City. I guess my DVR gets quite a workout too.